Sunday, February 8, 2009

Some Terrain Efforts

Some of the more recent things off my workbench.

First, an idea that's been kicking around my head for a while - a way to make cornfields for American Civil War 25mm collection. I drilled holes in a sheet of
1/4" pressboard, trimmed lenghts of artificial Christmas garland, and voila. Ms. Padre things they look more like they belong in a Vietnam jungle then they do at Antietam. She's probably right, but for now they serve a need and I'll probably make more of them:



In a different vein, I recently finished these these three plaster ruined buildings in 15mm scale for my WW2 collection, bought when I was at the Hotlead game convention in Stratford, Ontario, last year. I have no idea who the manufacturer is. I thought at the time they all looked suitable for my Normandy project, but on closer inspection, two look like they belong in Italy. No matter. I can use them too, somewhere. I just have to paint my Battlefront mid war British infantry company as Canadian 1 Division, buy some German paratroopers, a lot of armoured kit for them, and ... my God, someone shoot me.

The NW Europe style ruin:






And the two Italian jobs:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers